At Home Remedies for unclogging a kitchen sink using a garbage disposal:
It can be a rather irritating situation trying to unstop a kitchen sink but believe it or not you can actually unclog your kitchen sink with a garbage disposal if you have one. This method is a great at home remedy for this quick fix and is also good to use to keep the pipes cleared out and cleaned as well as smelling fresh. Below are the steps that you need to follow in order to properly unstop your kitchen sink with a garbage disposal and make it the best kitchen sinks.
1. Take ¼ cup of baking soda and pour it down the drain, then pour ½ cup of white vinegar down the drain. Let these two ingredients fizz together for a few minutes and then turn the faucet on to run for a couple of minutes. If needed repeat this step.
2. Be sure to unplug the garbage disposal so that is no longer connected to the electrical outlet.
3. Shine a bright light down the drain that is clogged and see if you can see anything that is foreign like a meat bone or a toy; if you do see something then use a pair of needle nose pliers or tongs to remove it.
4. Turn the disposal on and see if it works with the drain running clear; if it is clear then you are good to go, if it is not clear then you need to move ahead to the next step.
5. You will have to go underneath the sink and clamp the end of the dishwasher drain line that is near where it enters the disposal at; the clamp will keep the drain from popping off when you perform the next step.
6. Take a plunger and put it right over the drain and put water in the sink so it covers the lip of the plunger. Plunge the drain up and down with force for a good twenty seconds or so.
7. Lift up the plunger and run the water to see if the drain is now clear or not. You may have to repeat this step about three to four times to fully complete getting the drain cleared. Keep in mind that it is helpful to run hot water from time to time because it will reduce any residue that there may be.
Some tips and other important information to know:
· You should not ever plunge a drain if you poured chemicals down it beforehand because those chemicals can come back up and get into your eyes, cause burns and touch your skin.
· You should not ever take your hand and put it in the opening of where the garbage disposal is. This implies even if the power switch is turned off because the blades are insanely sharp and you can seriously cut your hand up.
· Once you have the drain cleaned, to help get rid of the bad smells you can drop some slices of limes and lemons down the garbage disposal.
· Obviously the best kitchen sink would be one that never got clogged!
The above tips if followed are sure to make your sink the best kitchen sink for sure!